Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed - Drugstore Dupes

 

I sometimes lurk and occasionally post on the QVC Beauty Banter board. I have found out about some good sales on there so it is a good place to peruse. Anyway, someone recently asked if anyone knew of a dupe for Tarte's Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. I searched my blush stash and posted an answer and decided that the information might be helpful to others.
I love the color of Exposed and I haven't found a drugstore dupe that is dead on. I checked in my drugstore blush collection and did some swatching but I didn't find any that were the exact same color. I am attracted to Exposed-like colors so I have a couple to share that come (sort of) close:
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Powder Blush in Berry - more of a berry than a nude flush but with a light hand might come close
  • Milani Powder Blush in Temptation - not quite as pink
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Powder Blush Spring Flower - a blush that you swirl together and the center has shimmer that Exposed doesn't but somewhat close depending how you swirl your brush though is a bit more brown
  • NYX Blush in Dusty Rose - a bit more pink
  • NYX Blush in Raisin - a touch darker and not as pink when applied (not pictured)
  •  Jordana Blush Powder in Sandalwood - a bit more pink

I think that the Milani Temptation is the closest. I also heard it was a dupe for NARS Douceur Blush.

I will date myself here but Exposed reminds me of my favorite all time blush from Ultima II. The name is long lost in my memory banks but I still remember the color and I am always searching the drugstore for something similar. I am tempted to try NARS Douceur which is supposed to be in the same color range but it is even more expensive than the Exposed.

I just want to add that the quality of Tarte blushes is excellent. The drugstore brands that I have tried just don't compare to the staying power and quality of the Tarte blushes. If you find a color that you like, they are worth the money.

I hope this helps someone.
If you know of a dupe for Tarte's Exposed please share!

4 comments:

Andrea Arevalo said...

has anyone tried Mary Kay mineral blushes...i´ve heard good things about them...

phace said...

I haven't heard anything about the Mary Kay mineral blushes. I am always looking for a good blush. I will have to see if I can check them out.

Vidya Hanesty said...

hai, ultima II blush? is that indonesian brand?

phace said...

No, Ultima II is a U.S. brand from the 1980s. The brand no longer exists.